District 6 is the Heart of San Diego.
It’s not just because of our geographic location, but because our neighbors and D6 communities power our city’s biggest economic engines like Sorrento Valley, Sorrento Mesa, MCAS Miramar, and the Convoy District. When San Diegans go to work, they come here.
With the June 7th primary approaching our 2022 effort coming up on a year of campaigning, I’m committed as ever to ensuring our middle and working class neighbors have a genuine neighborhood advocate who has their back at City Hall. That’s why I’m running for City Council.
I’m committed to improving our quality of life in D6. I want to ensure we:
- Rebuild and restore Gold Coast Dr. and Parkdale Ave., and then rebuild our other broken streets like Camino Ruiz, Montongo, Jade Coast, Royal Ann, Saluda, , and others around the district.
- Retrofit dangerous suburban spaces so our neighbors who want to ride bicycles or walk can do so safely.
- Restore greater oversight to ensure ADUs aren’t intruding on our neighbors.
- Fully staff depleted city departments so we retain trained employees instead of losing them to the private sector or other communities.
- Deliver more effective transit so we can cut back on congestion.
- Invest in real affordable housing so kids and grandkids don’t have to move away.
With the primary coming up June 7th and ballots arriving by early May, we need to make our voices heard NOW and not allow the outcome of this race to be dictated by Downtown power brokers. I need your support today.
Unless noted on our events page, join our Neighborhoods First team for canvassing every Saturday morning at Standley Recreation Center in University City at 10 a.m., and at Mesa Verde Park in Mira Mesa every Sunday morning at 10 a.m. More details here.
Join us, and let’s win this!