In conjunction with Mitz Lee and Mary Hancock I’m proud to serve as chair of the Mira Mesa Senior Center Memorial Day event committee this year, and I’m honored to serve as emcee for Monday’s Memorial Day “respect and tribute” observance at the Mira Mesa Veterans Wall, located adjacent to the Mira Mesa Senior Center at 8460 Mira Mesa Blvd.
Join us beginning at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, May 29th, as the Mira Mesa community, families, neighbors and community groups gather at the senior center to enjoy coffee and light refreshments before gathering at the Mira Mesa Veterans Memorial Wall at 11:30 a.m., when the Memorial Day ceremony begins with an honor guard from the San Diego Unified School District ROTC, and concludes with the raising of the United States flag at the memorial wall at 12 noon.
The event program is as follows:
- Honor Guard with the San Diego Unified School District ROTC
- Singing of the “Star Spangled Banner” by the Mira Mesa High School Choir
- Invocation from Pastor Emeritus L.J. Thomas of the Mount Moriah Christian Church
- Remarks by U.S. Army veteran and Mira Mesa resident Ann Quinn
- Singing of “God Bless America” by the Mira Mesa High School Choir
- Presenting the Memorial Day wreath with veterans and Mira Mesa community leaders
- Playing of “Taps” by Mira Mesa High School students Nakotah Nowak and Austin Duong-Van
- Raising of the United States flag to full mast at 12 noon
Please share this with your Mira Mesa friends, family and neighbors and join us for this opportunity to come together in a welcoming space to commemorate the sacrifices of U.S. military personnel this Memorial Day Monday, May 29th.
Graphic designed by Mitz Lee